Friday, April 3, 2009

59 years.

April 3, 1950

April 3, 2009....super special day at Tippsville....59th Wedding Anniversary....very special occasion with warm, precious memories....the "I do's" took place in Cowan...with Ky Curry doing the honors...along with Jo Curry as a witness along with Winfield and Wanda Bennett standing up with Edna & myself....always remember & cherish the admonition from brother Curry...who stated..."I don't know you Roy but I have known Edna all of her life...and you are not worthy"....boy what a challenge....I was able to pick up a special gift for my bride but will never be able to express my deep sense of gratitude for my soul mate...in every aspect of life...with a home and affection that has nurtured our ever growing family within the whole of life...in every way....and yes....every Day 24/7 for 59 super years and still going strong....She is truly the one and only love of my life...and forever! For a perfect description take a look at Proverbs 31! Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her! Thank you God...for this special day...and blessing me with my soul mate...and still going strong! Hallelujah!
-Dad (Roy)

1 comment:

Jacki Duke said...

congratulations grandma and grandpa! 59 years is amazing! we love you and hope we can see you soon...jacki, james & stetson